9A High-Speed MOSFET Drivers
• High Peak Output Current: 9A
• Wide Input Supply Voltage Operating Range:
- 4.5V to 18V
• High Continuous Output Current: 2A Max
• Fast Rise and Fall Times:
- 30 ns with 4,700 pF Load
- 180 ns with 47,000 pF Load
• Short Propagation Delays: 30 ns (typ)
• Low Supply Current:
- With Logic ‘1’ Input – 200 µA (typ)
- With Logic ‘0’ Input – 55 µA (typ)
• Low Output Impedance: 1.4Ω (typ)
• Latch-Up Protected: Will Withstand 1.5A Output
• Input Will Withstand Negative Inputs Up To 5V
• Pin-Compatible with the TC4420/TC4429
6A MOSFET Driver
• Space-saving 8-Pin 6x5 DFN Package
The TC4421/TC4422 are high-current buffer/drivers
capable of driving large MOSFETs and IGBTs.
These devices are essentially immune to any form of
upset, except direct overvoltage or over-dissipation.
They cannot be latched under any conditions within
their power and voltage ratings. These parts are not
subject to damage or improper operation when up to
5V of ground bounce is present on their ground termi-
nals. They can accept, without damage or logic upset,
more than 1A inductive current of either polarity being
forced back into their outputs. In addition, all terminals
are fully protected against up to 4 kV of electrostatic
The TC4421/TC4422 inputs may be driven directly
from either TTL or CMOS (3V to 18V). In addition,
300 mV of hysteresis is built into the input, providing
noise immunity and allowing the device to be driven
from slowly rising or falling waveforms.
With both surface-mount and pin-through-hole
packages and four operating temperature range offer-
ings, the TC4421/22 family of 9A MOSFET drivers fit
into most any application where high gate/line
capacitance drive is required.
Line Drivers for Extra Heavily-Loaded Lines
Driving the Largest MOSFETs and IGBTs
Local Power ON/OFF Switch
Motor and Solenoid Driver
8-Pin PDIP/ TC4421 TC4422
Duplicate pins must both be connected for proper operation.
Exposed pad of the DFN package is electrically isolated.
2004 Microchip Technology Inc.